Black mold grows in many different environments and the humid climate of South Florida is a perfect breeding ground for dangerous black mold. Although it is usually black in color, it may also be green or brown. Black mold often grows on wet surfaces for long periods of time or when there is significant moisture present. Homeowners might find this problem developing in the basement near their washing machine, under leaky sinks, and even inside air conditioning ducts. This article will go over some things homeowners need to know about black mold to keep it from ruining the family’s health and belongings.
First, homeowners need to know a few important facts about black mold in general.
This fungus is called “Stachybotrys chartarum,” or just “Stachy.” This particular type of mold contains mycotoxins and has been linked to serious health problems like respiratory problems, asthma attacks, chronic cough, lung infections, skin rashes, headaches, and fatigue. In severe cases, people have developed pneumonia. In some rare situations, black mold poisoning has been fatal. The toxic spores can even be harmful to pets as well as humans! It’s essential to consult a doctor right away if these symptoms appear.
Black mold lives on surfaces with lots of moisture. It often takes the form of dark, velvety patches and can make people sick if it’s not handled by a professional. Black mold removal requires professionals who know how to remove and clean areas with this dangerous substance properly. Homeowners suspecting black mold should call a professional mold testing and inspection service like JVG Restoration right away. Black mold is often found in houses and other buildings because it feeds on moisture. It can grow just about anywhere that has persistent dampness or leaks. This includes walls, carpets, wood beams, insulation, drywall, and under the floorboards.
Below are some common symptoms of black mold exposure:
Nasal stuffiness, itchy eyes, sore throat, and coughing are signs of pneumonitis caused by mold. If these issues arise in the home, it may be wise to get a professional opinion on the source of the problem. Mold grows anywhere there’s moisture, so this could even mean checking for leaks and other water sources in places where people would least expect it.
Homeowners should never attempt to handle black mold unless professionally trained. It is very dangerous to health, especially if left untreated for long periods. If a person has been exposed to black mold in the home and experiences mold health problems, be sure to seek medical consultation immediately.
The initial step is to stop the moisture source that allows the mold to grow somewhere it’s not supposed to be. For example, if there’s a leak in the sink cabinets under the kitchen sink, fix the leak immediately.
After stopping the moisture, it’s possible that some black mold will remain. If this event happens, then it’s about time to call a professional mold removal company like JVG Restoration. Our mold removal professionals know how to safely remove and handle these types of fungi as not to cause harm to the family or your property!
Mold restoration companies like JVG are very successful in removing mold from walls, floors, ceilings, carpets, wood beams, and other surfaces. To prevent future black mold infestation you need to contact the trusted experts at JVG Restoration immediately! Our expert mold remediation teams will check your home for black mold and if found, take the necessary steps to remove that toxic black mold for good.
Copyright © 2021 JVG Restoration All rights reserved.
Website By: Ironclad Restoration Marketing